27 Dec “FAA Safety Briefing LIVE! January – February 2019 Issue”
Topic: This Presentation Introduces And Discusses Content In The January – February 2019 Issue Of The FAA Safety Briefing Magazine.
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 19:00 Central Standard Time (17:00 PST, 18:00 MST, 20:00 EST, 15:00 HST, 16:00 AKST, 18:00 Arizona, 01:00 GMT)
The January/February 2019 issue of FAA Safety Briefing focuses on Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) technology, a foundational component of FAA’s NextGen system for improving the safety and efficiency of the NAS.
Building off our previous ADS-B focused issue in March/April 2017, articles here continue and expand the discussion about the safety and technology benefits of ADS-B, as well as provide important details and updates on the purchase, installation, and operation of ADS-B equipment. Remember — the deadline to equip with ADS-B Out is January 1, 2020.
Feature articles include:
- Time to Move! Why ADS-B Matters
- The “In” Thing in Aviation Making the Most of Your ADS-B Solution
- Clearing the Crypto-Fog Tips for Decoding and Deciding Among Options
- Is My ADS-B Broadcasting Me? A Look at Non-Performing Emitters
- Sorry, Wrong Number A Fresh Look at Avoiding Call Sign Mismatch Issues
- ADS-B Light ADS-B Options for Light Sport & Experimental Aircraft
- Show Me the $$ How to Get Your ADS-B Rebate
- Aeromedical Advisory explains why providing a list of acceptable medications is more complicated than it seems.
- Condition Inspection explores medical certification for pilots who suffer from migraines.
- Jumpseat urges pilots to move ahead with ADS-B equipage.
- Angle of Attack discusses balancing biology with technology for see and avoid.
- Checklist offers guidance on FAA resources for selecting ADS-B equipment.
- Postflight provides a pilot’s perspective on the benefits of ADS-B In.
- Vertically Speaking reviews ADS-B requirements for rotorcraft.
- Nuts, Bolts, and Electrons tells installers how to avoid common ADS-B installation errors.
NOTE: While many of the ideas covered in the quiz are included in the presentation, you will need to download a copy of the magazine from: https://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/ to complete this course
To view further details and registration information for this webinar, click here.
The sponsor for this seminar is: FAASTeam
The following credit(s) are available for the WINGS/AMT Programs:
Basic Knowledge 3 – 1 Credit
(This is a repost of a seminar by FAASTeam presented as courtesy to VASI members. Contact the FAASTeam website with any questions)